Photos of the 19th and early 20th century
dobra
2012-12-18 09:15:59 UTC
Hello,

I'd like to show you our new project called *Distory*

It all began from collection old photos, documents and magazines. Then
decided to show all my collectibles to everybody and help everybody t
share their collections

Portrait of a soldier of the German empire near a hospital in Berli
during the World War I
[image

Soldiers of the German empire near a mill in Kolno (Poland) during th
World War I
[image

View of St. Nikolai-Kathedrale in Vilnius, Lithuania
[image

Portrait of a soldier of the Russian empire
[image

Other 'old photos' (http://distory.com/photos/list) can be found a
Distory.com

Currently, we have about 1000 of unique photos and documents in hig
quality. And all of them from our own collection. Would appreciate you
comments, advices and collection

dobra
Sir F.A. Rien
2012-12-18 18:05:44 UTC
Post by dobra
I'd like to show you our new project called *Distory*
It all began from collection old photos, documents and magazines. Then I
decided to show all my collectibles to everybody and help everybody to
share their collections
Portrait of a soldier of the German empire near a hospital in Berlin
during the World War I
I do not see any tax stamps or other philatelic significance on any of
your items. Is there any -=or=- are you just trolling for hits?
dobra
2012-12-19 05:33:25 UTC
;693862']I do not see any tax stamps or other philatelic significance o
any of
your items. Is there any -=or=- are you just trolling for hits?
I apologize for the wrong photos. Here are photos with the stamps :)

A postcard of the Kingdom of Bavaria with a girl in national costume o
1900
[image

A postcard of the Kingdom of Bavaria of September 20, 1888
[image

Petition of the priest for admission to trading on the forest o
February 14, 1879 (Russian empire)
[image

dobra
Terry Reedy
2012-12-20 05:05:26 UTC
Post by dobra
;693862']I do not see any tax stamps or other philatelic significance on
any of
your items. Is there any -=or=- are you just trolling for hits?
I apologize for the wrong photos. Here are photos with the stamps :)
A postcard of the Kingdom of Bavaria with a girl in national costume of
1900
http://distory.com/system/thumbs/attachments/data/000/003/706/preview/photo001.jpg]
A photo with a card with a common stamp pasted on is not too
interesting. One showing both side would be nicer. (I found the reverse
on the site and see that the images are paired.)
Post by dobra
A postcard of the Kingdom of Bavaria of September 20, 1888
http://distory.com/system/thumbs/attachments/data/000/003/694/preview/photo001.jpg]
A photo of postal cards with preprinted 'stamps' (indicia) are more
interesting as they are not found in stamp catalogs other than country
specialized catalogs. The 'stamp' image may or may not be similar to a
regular stamp.
Post by dobra
Petition of the priest for admission to trading on the forest of
February 14, 1879 (Russian empire)
http://distory.com/system/thumbs/attachments/data/000/003/041/preview/photo001.jpg]
I am pretty sure that the stamp here is not a postage stamp but a
revenue documentary tax stamp. So I think the priest had to pay to
submit the petition as an official document. There have been similar
revenue stamps in US history (especially civil war and after).

I have some items that would fit this site, so I might submit. But
http://distory.com/user/sign-up#
has a Terms of Use link that links to the very same page instead of the
Terms of Use page. So while I am signing up, I will not submit until I
can see the Terms of Use.

The content section of
http://distory.com/page/terms-of-use
is blank.

Terry
dobra
2013-01-09 11:45:28 UTC
Post by Terry Reedy
The content section of
http://distory.com/page/terms-of-use
is blank.
Terry
We will fix this soon

Some larger screens of the stamps from the Russian empire

[image: Loading Image...]

[image: Loading Image...]

[image: Loading Image...]

More can be found in the 'documents' (http://distory.com/documents/list
of our website. We have much more of differen
documents/letters/postcards with different stamps, but we need some tim
to digitalize them and upload on our websit

--
dobra