Samir Ghantous.
rodney
2009-04-18 00:30:51 UTC
I remember Googling for Samir Ghantous seven years ago,
when I began collecting Dunes.

He is apparently a "famous" Lebanese painter.

Some proof sheets of his from Yemen
http://tiny.cc/rOBlR

There is an image of one "Samir Ghantous" on facebook,
but I have no idea if the image and the painter are the same
person.

He may have been the painter behind a lot of Clive Feigenbaum's labels
rodney
2009-04-18 00:47:26 UTC
Tchad
Ghantous
Bucaresti
http://cjoint.com/data/etqxbSVnhS.htm

from "ostriches on stamps"
http://www.struthie.com/book.html
Victor Manta
2009-04-18 07:24:15 UTC
Post by rodney
Tchad
Ghantous
Bucaresti
http://cjoint.com/data/etqxbSVnhS.htm
Thanks, Rodney!

This MS was issued on 20th June 1972 in the name of Chad. It isn't listed by
my Scott or by Michel, so that I can suppose that it was issued by one of
those three agencies that couldn't "convince" the Chad officials, apparently
including the President Tombalbaye (as Scott mentions it), to list the MS as
a recognized issue. Just to notice that President Tombalbaye is known for
having arrested some major political companions for allegedly using
witchcraft to overthrow him. The name of the capital, Fort-Lamy, that
appears on the cancellation, was changed by Tombalbaye on April 6, 1973 to
N'Djamena, and he changed his own name to Ngarta, both actions under the
guise of so-called "authenticité".

http://www.marci-postale.com/History/Printing/stamp-printing-in-ro.htm
--
Victor Manta

Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Victor Manta
2009-04-18 08:10:59 UTC
Post by Victor Manta
Post by rodney
[...]
Correction: In Michel, that lists quite everything, the Scout MS is
mentioned as Block 39A.
--
Victor Manta

rodney
2009-04-18 14:08:05 UTC
Fujeira
Ghantous
Bucaresti
http://cjoint.com/data/eufRxgA0Zn.htm

Poor scans from 7 years ago.

Probably under influence, the printings were changed on a lot of the Dunes,
and the later issues were printed "Imp Liban" amongst others.
Victor Manta
2009-04-18 18:05:39 UTC
Post by rodney
Fujeira
Ghantous
Bucaresti
http://cjoint.com/data/eufRxgA0Zn.htm
Poor scans from 7 years ago.
Probably under influence, the printings were changed on a lot of the Dunes,
and the later issues were printed "Imp Liban" amongst others.
Thanks again, they are more then good for my illustration purposes! Have
used one of them on the revisited page

rodney
2009-04-18 01:02:06 UTC
A respectable printing house in Vienna,
The Rosenbaum brothers, mainly litho, printed
a Lichtenstein issue in 1930
Here printing Dunes
http://cjoint.com/data/etqMWxYiPe.htm

They dissolved in 1980.